Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act
The information that Donna Douglas Communications • Training collects on its customers include name, address (home and office), gender, age, birthdate, history, business description, name of spouse or life partner, email, website.
1. Accountability. The privacy officer of Donna Douglas Communications • Training is the owner and sole proprietor, Donna Douglas.
The responsibility of the privacy officer is to respond to enquiries, complaints, update information, understand the legislation.
2. Purpose. Information is gathered from clients for the following purposes:
- to refer business to the individual
- to generate an invoice
- to develop pie charts based on small business numbers re genders and ages
- to be able to contact personally to give information for business use
- to conduct training for clients and notify them of changes
- to distribute training notes and material to clients
- to collect unpaid accounts, if necessary
3. Consent. Consent is obtained from each client or vendor by giving them a form that explains the use of material and asks for their signature on the consent form. The consent statement explains that information will be used to give non-specific statistical information, or to connect one business to another for mutual financial benefit.
4. Limit Collection. Data collected is used for pie chart and numbers analysis and is restricted to that. Information collected will not be given to any person or organization outside of Donna Douglas Communications • Training. Permission is gained to give person to person business referral.
5. Limit Use, Disclosure & Retention. Information gathered is retained in software, FileMaker Pro and is on one computer owned by Donna Douglas Communications • Training. Hard copies are retained in one filing cabinet in a home based office. The file cabinet (and the office) is locked when not in use. Information is deleted upon withdrawal from business contact. Only Donna Douglas has access to information gathered. Information will be destroyed by hard drive deletion at the close of business association or upon request of the client.
6. Accuracy. Information is gathered by the client filling in a form.
7. Safeguards. The electronic database is password protected. The filing cabinet in the home office of Donna Douglas Communications • Training is locked when not in use. The Macintosh computer system has firewall and virus protection. Only one person has access to the information and no unauthorized parties can access information.
9. Access. Any client or vendor can request information through email or telephone or snail mail contact to Donna Douglas at Suite 223, 65 Cedar Pte Dr, Barrie, ON L4N 9R3. Phone 705 727-0789 x2. email: email@example.com. The information will be confirmed within reasonable time, no longer than 5 working days.
10. Recourse. To find resolution to a complaint, approach first the privacy officer of Donna Douglas Communications • Training. Should that prove unsatisfactory, individuals can contact the Jennifer Stoddart, Privacy Commissioner of Canada, 112 Kent St., Ottawa, ON K1A 1H3.
Dated at Barrie, ON, September 10, 2013.